This festive Cranberry Moscow Mule is the perfect holiday drink made with homemade cranberry simple syrup, lime juice, and ginger beer served over ice to make a refreshing drink. It's a nonalcoholic fun twist on the classic moscow mule cocktail. It's fruity, tart, and absolutely delicious.
The simple syrup is a mixture of fresh cranberries, sugar, and water and takes 10 minutes to make. It's tart, sweet, and perfect for making this delicious fruity holiday cocktail that everyone will enjoy.
This year, I'm excited to take part in Eat the Culture’s 2023 Holiday Recipe Exchange: Party Pairings for All the Holidays! Holidays often revolve around communal moments – sharing stories, laughter, and, of course, food. This year's roundup is all about those delightful 'lite bites' and drinks that set the tone for festive gatherings.
Learn more about Eat the Culture and find a complete list of recipes from all participants here.
Ingredients for Cranberry Moscow Mule
Here are the ingredients you'll need for this refreshing holiday drink:
- Cranberry Simple Syrup: Use this recipe for making your own cranberry simple syrup. It lasts in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks and freezes well so you always have some on hand. The cranberry syrup is made with fresh or frozen cranberries, water, and sugar.
- Fresh Lime Juice: Use fresh squeezed lime juice instead of bottled. Fresh lime juice is more tart than bottled juice and has a more intense flavor.
- Ginger Beer: Use ginger beer or ginger ale that has a pronounced ginger flavor and is a little peppery. Fever Tree is my favorite ginger beer , but I also recommend Reed’s Ginger Ale. Both have a wonderful spicy ginger flavor.
- Ice Cubes: Make sure you have plenty of ice on hand. The ice cubes can be small or large.
- Lime Wedges: Lime wedges make a nice garnish plus your guests some squeeze more lime into their drink if they want more lime juice.
- Fresh Cranberries: Add a few (3 or 4) fresh cranberries to the top of the drink. If using frozen cranberries let them sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
Full ingredients, measurements, and instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to Make Cranberry Moscow Mile
For a festive and fun look to the moscow mule use these solid copper mugs. In addition to being pretty, the cold metal insulates the temperature of the chilled ginger beer, keeping the cocktail cool and refreshing. If you don’t have the copper mugs you can use a regular cocktail glasses.
Step 1: Place the mugs in the refrigerator the same day you plan to serve the drinks.
Step 2: Add 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) of cranberry simple syrup and 1 tablespoon of fresh-squeezed lime juice to a cold copper mug or cocktail glass. Stir the ingredients together.
Step 3: Add 1/2 cup (4 ounces) of ginger beer or ginger ale.
Step 4: Next add ice, fresh or frozen cranberries (about 4-5), and top with a wedge of lime.
Serve the drinks immediately. This drink is not meant to be stored once the ginger beer and/or ice is added to the cranberry lime mixture.
- Use flavored sparkling water or flavored seltzer instead of ginger beer.
- Use 100% cranberry juice instead of the cranberry simple syrup.
- Add a combination of ginger beer and sparkling water.
- Add a 1/4 cup of vodka.
Did you make this cranberry mocktail? If you make this recipe please leave a rating and a comment below.
Connect with me on Instagram and tag me @bakesbybrownsugar to share your recipe remake photos.
Like what you see? Click here to subscribe to Bake's by Brown Sugar Baking Newsletter to get free and delicious treats delivered to your inbox.
If You Like This Recipe, Try These Drink Recipes
Cranberry Moscow Mule
- 1/4 cup cranberry simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup ginger beer
- 1/2 cup ice cubes crushed ice or small ice cubes
- 1 lime wedge
- 5 fresh or frozen cranberries
- Use this recipe for Cranberry Simple Syrup. The recipe makes enough syrup for 5 drinks.
- These are the instructions for how to make a single drink.
- Pour the cranberry simple syrup and the lime juice into the mug or drinking glass and stir together.
- Add the ginger beer and the ice. Top the drink with fresh cranberries and a lime wedge.